The Prophet Joseph Smith received only two sets of plates related to the Book of Mormon - the Small Plates of Nephi and the Plates of Mormon.
On those two sets of plates were the work of 11 engravers, nine of whom worked on the Small Plates of Nephi:- Nephi, who essentially provided information in the books of First and Second Nephi.
- Jacob, the brother of Nephi, who provided information in the seven chapters of the book that bears his name.
- Enos, who was the engraver of the book that bears his name.
- Jarom, who engraved the two-page record that bears his name.
- Omni, who was responsible for the first three verses of Omni.
- Amaron, who engraved verses four through eight of Omni.
- Chemish, whose only engraving was verse nine in Omni.
- Abinadom, the son of Chemish, who engraved two verses - 10 and 11 - in Omni.
- Amaleki, the son of Abinadom, who engraved 19 verses - 12-30 - in Omni.
The other two engravers worked on the Plates of Mormon:
- Mormon engraved the materials contained in the following sections of the Book of Mormon:
Words of Mormon, Mosiah, Alma, Helaman, the book that bears the present title of 3 Nephi; the book presently known as 4 Nephi, and the first seven chapters of the book that bears his name.
- Moroni engraved the 8th and 9th chapters of Mormon and the books of Ether and Moroni.