A deadly weekend along Utah's highways left 12 people dead from seven different accidents.

DEAD:Howard Walter Bush, 41, Orem.

John E. Cawley, 48, Orem.

Juan Alvidrez, 21, Hyde Park.

Samuel Torres, 43, Logan.

Phillip P. Rivera, 21, Layton.

Jerry Davidson, 17, Dutch John.

Marie Christensen, 18, Salt Lake City.

Amanda Maxwell, 15 months, Sandy.

Shannon Maxwell, 31, Sandy.

Andrea Maughan, 8, Salt Lake City.

Carol Anderson, 49, Logan.

Belen Montoya, 15, Salt Lake City.

Bush and Cawley were killed when their motorcycles collided head-on in Price Canyon with a pickup truck driven by Janet Kelly, 34, of Clawson, Emery County. Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Billie Hunt said Kelly's truck crossed the center line and collided with three motorcyles.

A third motorcyclist, Barry Smith, 46, American Fork, was in critical condition Monday in University

Hospital. The fourth motorcyclist in the group traveling together, Ron Carter, 46, Orem, was able to avoid the accident. Hunt said Kelly was also treated for minor injuries in a local hospital and released.

Alvidrez and Torres were killed in bizarre circumstances after a rollover about 4 a.m. Sunday in West Weber, Weber County. Their car had been traveling at high speed when it hit a stump, became airborne and landed on its top, said Weber County Sheriff's Sgt. Bruce Hartman.

Two survivors who had been thrown from the car - Gerardo Barrandey, 18, of Smithfield and Salvador Nunez, 25, address unavailable - came back to try to pull Alvidrez and Torres from the wreckage. But because it was dark, one of them lighted a pocket lighter, causing the car to explode and burn. Barrandey and Nunez were transported to the University Hospital burn unit, where they were both in critical condition Monday.

Rivera died at 1:35 a.m. Sunday at McKay-Dee Hospital of injuries suffered when he crashed on a speeding motorcycle at 24th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue in Ogden. Ogden City Police Lt. Chuck Buzick said the victim was traveling in excess of 100 mph when he failed to negotiate a curve. He was not wearing a helmet, and died later at the hospital.

On Friday, Davidson rolled his vehicle four-to-six times just west of Manila. He was taken to Sweetwater County Memorial Hospital in Rock Springs, Wyo. and later transported by helicopter to University Hospital, where he died late Saturday night, said UHP Trooper Annette Hatch.

Christensen was riding with her brother Brian, 22, on U-201 about 6540 West in West Valley City Saturday morning, a Utah Highway Patrol spokeswoman said.

Another vehicle driven by Arlo Richens, 18, Salt Lake City, was westbound and struck the eastbound Christensen car while Richens made a left-hand turn into Bonneville Raceway, the spokeswoman said.

Christensen died after being flown from Pioneer Valley Hospital to LDS Hospital where she was pronounced dead, the spokeswoman said. Richens and Brian Christensen were taken to Pioneer Valley and later released, officials said.

Late Saturday, Amanda Maxwell died in Primary Children's Hospital from injuries suffered in a four-car collision in Sardine Canyon. The same Saturday accident had earlier claimed the lives of her mother, Shannon Maxwell; another passenger in the same car, Andrea Maughan; and Carol Anderson.

The Maxwells and Maughan were northbound on U.S. 89-91 about five miles north of Mantua when the vehicle driven by Mrs. Maxwell apparently drifted over the center line, sideswiped one car and then slammed head-on into a vehicle driven by Mrs. Anderson's husband, Jack, 50.

Mr. Anderson remained in critical condition Monday at McKay-Dee Hospital in Ogden. Alex Hofheins, 3, Salt Lake City, a passenger in the Maxwell vehicle, improved was listed in satisfactory condition and was expected to be released later Monday, a nursing supervisor said.

Montoya was run over by a car Saturday night while she was crossing the street at 1200 W. Indiana Ave. about 10:30 p.m., said Salt Lake City Police Lt. Tom Brown.

A Salt Lake man later was arrested and booked into jail for automobile homicide, evidence tampering, leaving the scene of an injury accident and driving while his license was suspended.