Facebook Twitter

FIRE DESTROYS S.L. MOBILE HOME

SHARE FIRE DESTROYS S.L. MOBILE HOME

A fire that apparently ignited behind a washing machine destroyed a Salt Lake mobile home Friday night.

Capt. Dave Freeman of the Salt Lake fire department said the owner of the trailer, Darlene Fraser, was watching television with a friend at about 9:40 p.m. when they smelled smoke. By the time they noticed the fire, it was already out of control. Both were able to escape safely.Freeman said by the time firefighters arrived at the Chateau Trailer Park, 1999 W. North Temple, the structure was totally encompassed in flames. It took firefighters less than 30 minutes to extinguish the blaze.

Freeman said the cause of the blaze appears to have been electrical. Damage is estimated at $4,000 to $5,000.