Whether you're sitting at home or out in the Tuesday morning sun for the annual Days of '47 parade, you can keep track of what to look forward to in the 150 entries and mark your favorite with this parade guide.
The parade runs through downtown Salt Lake City starting at 9 a.m. and will be aired on KUTV Ch. 4 and KSL-TV Ch. 5. This year's theme is "Pioneer heritage - a world tradition."1. Salt Lake City Police Motorcycle Squad
2. 625th Military Police Color Guard
3. 23rd Army - Norman Wendel, director
4. President Ezra Taft Benson - president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - and Mrs. Benson
5. Sen. Jake Garn - grand marshal - and Mrs. Garn
6. Utah State Highway Patrol
7. The honorable Gov. Norman H. Bangerter and Mrs. Bangerter
8. Utah Lt. Gov. Val Oveson and Mrs. Oveson
9. Mrs. Philo T. Farnsworth - wife of TV inventor
10. Salt Lake County Sheriff's Mounted Posse
11. Sheriff Pete Hayward and Mrs. Hayward
12. Salt Lake County Sheriff's Motorcycle Squad
13. Post Office Band - Howard W. Gay, conductor
14. Sons of Utah Pioneers - surrey - president of S.U.P.
15. Sons of Utah Pioneers - covered wagon
16. Sons of Utah Pioneers - two covered wagons (two units)
17. Sons of Utah Pioneers - two handcarts (five units)
18. Sons of Utah Pioneers - "Pioneer spirit - a world tradition"
19. Tooele High School Band - Roy Ferron, director
20. F.R. "Flip" Harmon - president of the Days of '47 Inc. - and Mrs. Harmon
21. Mrs. Eileen R. Christensen - first vice president of the Days of '47 Inc. - and Mr. Christensen
22. Floats by Brent - Days of '47 Royalty
23. George Knowlton - Utah Division of Indian Affairs
24. Leonard Haskie - president of Navajo Nation
25. Sen. Orrin Hatch and Mrs. Hatch
26. Sandy Cottonwood Creek Stake - "Eastern Europe, new pioneers in human rights"
27. Utah Pipe Band - Dave Barkley, pipe master
28. Rep. Wayne Owens and Mrs. Owens
29. KSL Television - "Spirit of the '90s"
30. Mayor Palmer DePaulis and Mrs. DePaulis
31. Silver Bullets 4-H riding club
32. Salt Lake Police Chief Mike Chabries and Mrs. Chabries
33. Thermopolis High School Band - Bill Molloy, director
34. Salt Lake Granger Stake - "Reflections from the past - visions of the future.
35. Costume group - Utah Arabian Horse Club
36. Salt Lake County Commissioner Michael Stewart and Mrs. Stewart
37. Salt Lake County Commissioner Tom Shimizu and Mrs. Shimizu; Salt Lake County Commissioner Bart Barker and Mrs. Barker
38. Modern Display - "Pioneer spirit - the world is welcome here"
39. Wagon - Country Cousins Express
40. Salt Lake Brighton Stake - "Winter Quarters, an example of pioneer fortitude"
41. Bingham High School Band - Doug Gailey, director
42. Wayne Horrocks and Mrs. Horrocks; Tom Godfrey - Salt Lake City Council
43. 1915 Dodge - Jeff Sidwell
44. Dan Hale and Mrs. Hale; Ron Whitehead and Mrs. Whitehead - Salt Lake City Council
45. 1913 Apperson - Cameron Sidwell; 1912 Model T - Rex Zollinger
46. Alan Hardman and Mrs. Hardman; Nancy Pace - Salt Lake City Council
47. Salt Lake City Fire Chief Dennis M. Sargent
48. Silver mount - Bill McHenry
49. Bennion West Stake - "Entering the valley - symbol of pioneer tradition, worldwide"
50. Uintah High School Band - John Inka, director
51. Salt Lake County Fire Chief Larry C. Hinman and Mrs. Hinman
52. American La France fire engine - Firemen's Association; Mack fire engine - Salt Lake City firemen
53. Silver Spurs riding club
54. Sandy City - "Sandy City - a tradition in the arts"
55. Liahona Alumni Band - John Kinikini, director
56. Boy Scouts of Korea
57. Salt Lake Grant Stake - "Miracle of gulls"
58. Costume rider - Lynn Anderson
59. Hardees - "Special Olympics - spirit of the '90s"
60. Carriage - Kathy Harman
61. Union High School Band - James Simone, director
62. South Salt Lake - "South Salt Lake Royalty"
63. Humane Society of Utah - "Humane awareness worldwide - a hope for the future"
64. 1912 Chalmers - Jim Williams; 1913 Reo - Dave Angell; 1930 Chrysler - Ed Hurd
65. National Pony Express Association riding club
66. Grantsville Utah Stake - "Tooele Valley settled 1850"
67. Grantsville High School Band - Jim Javens, director
68. KTVX - "A world of tradition for kids' sake"
69. Costume rider - Delores Hansen
70. Utah Jazz and Golden Eagles - "Pioneer spirit, a world of tradition
71. 1912 Kissel - Dean Teuscher; 1917 Model T - Scott Teuscher; 1939 Packard - Doug Garner
72. Salt Lake Scotts Band - Dr. Charles Hughes, pipe master
73. Magna Stake - "Utah livestock"
74. Wolfgramm family - "Journey to the promised land"
75. Americanas riding club
76. Dairy Farmers of Utah - "Dairy products - vital to Utah's well being"
77. Salt Lake Cottonwood Stake - "Relief Society - an example of Christian service
78. Clearfield Job Corps ranger - Joe LaBato
79. Clearfield Job Corps - "Continuing the tradition of education"
80. Mollerup Moving - wagon
81. Farmington Utah and Farmington Utah South stakes - "Pioneering spirit in agriculture, a world tradition"
82. Provo City - "A tradition of peace"
83. U.S. marshals - wagon
84. Pepsi - "A new tradition - sweeping the world"
85. KSOP - "KSOP, Utah's country music pioneer spirit and a world of tradition"
86. Bountiful Orchard Stake - "LDS young men, pioneering around the world"
87. West Jordan High School Band - Julie Christofferson, director
88. General Foods, Bromar and Hogle Zoo - "Utah's tradition - kids, Kool-Aid and Hogle Zoo"
89. Meadow Gold Dairies - wagon
90. Old-fashioned high wheelers
91. 1939 Oldsmobile - Bud Wernz; 1938 Studebaker - Clark DeWolf; 1928 Studebaker - Orville Larson
92. The Utahns riding club
93. Salt Lake Wasatch Stake - "U.S. Constitution - symbol of human rights worldwide
94. Murray High School Band - Brent Applonie, director
98. Murray City - "Murray City salutes the great pioneer heritage of the state of Utah"
99. West High - "School of scholars and champions - 100 years of tradition"
100. West High School Band - Mark McCallough, director
101. Model A roadster - Snelgrove Ice Cream; 1919 Reo truck - Staker Paving
102. Costume riders - U.S. Forest Service
103. Kentucky Fried Chicken - "They pioneered and made it happen"
104. Spartans from Vancouver, Wash. - Bill Stiner, director
105. Taylorsville Utah North Stake - "The pioneering spirit, from river expeditions to the edge of the solar system"
106. Fred Meyers - "A tradition of family fun"
107. Wing Enterprises - carriage and wagon
108. United Steelworkers of America - "Magna's heritage - Miss Magna"
109. Taylorsville West Stake - "Asian contributions to Utah industry and commerce"
110. Lehi High School Band - Carl Dustrup, director
111. Bureau of Land Management - "Pioneering pride: a world of tradition"
112. Costume riders - Intermountain Miniature Horse Club
113. Woods Cross Stake - "Hispanic contributions to Utah"
114. 1920 Model A roadster - Orville Parcell; 1912 T touring - Rex Zollinger; 1927 Pierce Arrow - Joe Beesley
115. Viewmont High School Band - Mike Murphy, director
116. Ute Indian Tribe - "The spirit to lead forward comes from our Ute tradition"
117. Salt Lake Mount Olympus Stake, 2nd Ward - "Expulsion from Nauvoo"
118. Troy Haviland - wagon
119. Riverton North Stake - "Utah . . . manifesting a pioneer spirit to the world since 1896.
120. Park City High School Band - Bill Hunke, director
121. Riverton City - "Riverton royalty"
122. Frontier Pies - wagon
123. Salt Lake Community College - "Progress through education"
124. Bear River High School Band - Wayne Jenson, director
125. Sandy Hillcrest Stake - "Utah pioneers in medical research"
126. California carriage and harness
127. West Jordan Prairie Stake - "Utah - pioneers in transportation and distribution"
128. 1st Tonga Methodist Band - Sione Tuitua, director
129. Elaine Kane, chairwoman of the Days of `47 parade, and Dave Kane 130. Nancy Blair, co-chairwoman of the Days of '47 parade; Hank Blair, and daughter Brandi; - Jack Pferdner, co-chairman of the Days of '47 parade,
and Joan Pferdner
131. West Jordan City - "Progress in motion"
132. Costume rider - Ricardo H. Vega
133. Bountiful East Stake - "LDS temples, pioneers in architecture around the world"
134. Eastern Arts Band - Lloyd Miller, director
135. Rose Shop - "Tradition with beauty - Miss Salt Lake Valley"
136. Costume riders - Morning Star Ranch
137. Intermountain Health Care - "Frontiers in medicine - a world tradition"
138. South Summit High School - Gregory Pitt, director
139. Utah Elks Association - "Utah Elks - pioneering youth activities, building Utah's leaders of tomorrow"
140. Midway Boosters - "Our pioneer spirit is midway to Switzerland"
141. 1930 Model A Ford coupe - Lorraine Magee; 1912 Model T - Lorraine Magee
142. Taylorsville Central Stake - "Utah patriots around the world"
143. Cyprus High School Band - Al Jones, director
144. West Valley Chamber of Commerce - "Ten years of reflections - West Valley City"
145. Midvale - "Midvale Junior Miss"
146. Country Cousins Express - wagon
147. Mothers Against Drunk Drivers - "MADD - pioneering to keep it a safe summer"
148. South Jordan - "South Jordan celebrates the country"
149. 1990 Days of '47 Parade Committee
150. 500 62nd Air Force Band - Major Al Turriciano, director