The Utah School Finance Task Force has recommended several changes in the structure of education financing. They include:
- Moving the career ladder program into the basic school program section of the education budget, where it will be funded based on weighted-pupil units, thus allowing for growth.- Adopting a linear regression formula for deciding small school allocations.
- Adopting a more restrictive attendance accounting policy for adult high school programs and providing a flat grant to some districts to develop such programs.
- Imposing a 25 percent cap above previous year's WPU revenue on voted and board leeway levies.
- Providing funding for growing school districts, based on prior year's enrollment plus a count taken on Oct. 1 of the current year.
- Distributing transportation funds based on number of students in a district, population density, transportation miles driven and bus driving time.