Facebook Twitter

FIRE DAMAGES HOUSE

SHARE FIRE DAMAGES HOUSE

Fire damaged the back of an empty house at 895 N. 13th West early Thursday morning.

Neighbors noticed flames at the residence and called the Salt Lake City Fire Department at 1:55 a.m. Early reports indicated a family was in the home, said Salt Lake Battalion Chief Ren Egbert. But the home turned out to be vacant. "It was being remodeled. The family would be moving in shortly," he said.Officials are investigating the possibility that fireworks sparked the fire, which did $35,000 damage to the home. "There are rumors of fireworks being discharged in the area," Egbert said.