Facebook Twitter

MAN ELECTROCUTED WHILE BUILDING SWING SET

SHARE MAN ELECTROCUTED WHILE BUILDING SWING SET

A man apparently was electrocuted when his sweat dripped into the drill he was using to build a swing set in his back yard, the coroner said.

Richard Muller, 54, was pronounced dead Sunday at St. Charles Hospital, said David Vial, St. Charles Parish coroner.Muller had been using an electric drill in 90-degree heat, Vial said.

"Apparently the man was sweating profusely," Vial said. "He probably was pushing against the drill with his chest. And his perspiration went into the drill itself and made a contact."