A number of travel/education opportunities are available to Utah students. Among them:

The International Student Exchange Program offers student exchanges in Scandinavia, Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland, Britain, Holland, Spain, New Zealand or Canada. Candidates must be 15 to 18 years old and must plan to attend the host school for an academic year. For information, call 969-9802 or 1-800-733-ASSE.International Student Exchange is looking for host families as well as for students interested in attending school in a foreign country. The western offices can be reached by dialing 1-800-233-4678.

The Council on International Educational Exchange offers opportunities for college students to travel and live in foreign countries. The exchange helps students cut through red tape to get legal permission to work overseas. The work-abroad program helps students who will be competing in international markets in their careers. For information, write the council, WA-R, 205 E. 42nd St., New York, NY 10017, telephone (212) 661-1414, extension 1130.

The Citizen Exchange Council will host more than 300 American high school students and teachers in Russia and Byelorussia in March and April 1992. Two-week conferences will be held in three mid-size Russian cities, Novgorod, Rostov-on-Don and Volgograd, and in Minsk, the capital of Byelorussia. Field trips to Moscow and St. Petersburg are included. CEC offices are located at 12 W. 31st St., New York, NY 10001-4415, telephone (212) 643-1985.