Clearfield City Council
In its meeting Tuesday, Oct. 22, the council:
- Set Tuesday, Nov. 12, 7:30 p.m., as the date of a public hearing for the city's upcoming application for block grant development.- Set Tuesday, Nov. 12, 8 p.m., as the date for a public hearing on vacating Lisa Street and 50 East at 1700 South. The street has no homes on it and has been removed from the city's master plan, but not officially from the city as state law requires.
- Denied rezoning several acres of property in the area of North and South Villa Drive from commercial to residential because of possible problems with heavy traffic congestion.
- Voted to approve the canvass of the Oct. 8 election.
Wasatch Front Regional Council
In its meeting Thursday, Oct. 24, in Bountiful, the council:
- Took no action on a request by the Mountainlands Travel Association that the regional council back its request to Gov. Norman Bangerter to increase the Utah Travel Council budget by $2 million.
- Heard an audit report of its finances by the accounting firm of DeLoitte & Touche. The audit was favorable, with no reservations.
- Heard a report from its transportation committee that a new policy on dealing with school crossing guards and traffic controls in school zones is being drawn up. The policy will include forming committees of local municipal and school officials, PTA members and UDOT representatives to deal with individual school zone problems.