The Forest Service plans to complete more than 80 projects in the Uinta forest during 1992.
The Uinta Forest Service needs volunteers to help with many of the projects and is seeking public comments on others.A sampling of projects scheduled include:
- Reintroduce sharp-tailed grouse in Vernon.
- Repair stream banks throughout the forest.
- Reconstruct the group site at the Box Lake recreation site.
- Place interpretive signs on the Nebo Loop Road.
- Pull noxious weeds throughout the forest.
- Construct 2.5 miles of the Great Western Trail.
- Plant trees in recreation and watershed sites throughout the forest.
- Rebuild sections of fence in Mud Creek.
- Create a bird and fish trail on the Heber Ranger District.
Copies of the plan detailing the various projects are available at Forest Service offices in Spanish Fork, Provo, Heber and Pleasant Grove. Copies are also available at local libraries.