clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

AILMENTS - NOT OVERDOSE - INDUCED SLEEP

Police say the Salt Lake man and his son they thought had overdosed were both suffering from other ailments when they were found Friday night.

Lt. Jim Bell said the 8-year-old boy had fallen off of his bike earlier that day and injured his head. That injury wasn't treated and later that evening the boy slipped into unconsciousness.The father had taken pain medication for a foot injury and the medication induced a deep sleep, Bell said. Both have fully recovered and never suffered an overdose.

The wife found the pair and when she couldn't wake either of them called police, according to a Salt Lake City Police report. Police found evidence of medication near them, the report said.