Auditions have been scheduled for the following productions:
- THE SCANDALOUS ADVENTURES OF SIR TOBY TROLLOPE, on Tuesday, Feb. 2, at 6:30 p.m. at the Egyptian Theatre, 328 Main St., Park City.Co-author Ron House will be directing Park City Performances' regional premiere of the farcical romp, set in Colonial times.
PCP Artistic Director Rafael Castanera said auditioners will be asked to do cold readings from the script. There are roles for two women and five men of various ages.
All actors chosen for roles in the play will be paid a weekly stipend of $100, including rehearsals and performances.
The production will open Feb. 26 (instead of the previously announced Feb. 19) and will run Tuesdays through Saturdays through March 27.
House was also co-author of the critically acclaimed "El Grande de Coca-Cola" and "Bullshot Crummond." For further information regarding the auditions, call PCP at 649-3971.
- EVITA, Thursday and Friday, Feb. 4-5, at Pioneer Memorial Theatre for the Pioneer Theatre Company production, being guest-directed by John Going and choreographed by Jayne Luke for an April 29-May 15 run on PMT's Lees Main Stage.
The audition schedule:
- Thursday, Feb. 4 (noon to 12:50 p.m. and 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. for adult Equity singers; 2:15 to 4:30 p.m. for non-Equity open auditions, and 1-2 p.m. for adult dance auditions).
- Friday, Feb. 5 (3:30 to 4:30 p.m. for adult Equity singers; noon to 12:50 & 2:15 to 4:30 p.m. for non-Equity open auditions; 1-2 p.m. for adult dance auditions, and 4 to 5:30 p.m. for children's chorus singing auditions).
Adult singers should be prepared to perform a Broadway show tune. Adult dance auditions are for experienced dancers of all disciplines or those with Latin ballroom dance training. Children will be taught a song during their audition.
All auditioners must sign up for a time slot on the callboard outside of Room 201 of the Pioneer Memorial Theatre. Equity performers may sign up for any slot (including open times) if they are unable to attend the reserved times, but non-Equity performers must check with the stage manager before signing up for an Equity slot.
Auditions will be held in Room 217. A recent photograph and resume are recommended, but not required. Rehearsals will begin March 29.
- THE BEST OF GILBERT AND SULLIVAN on Saturday, Feb. 6, from 9 a.m. until noon at the Grand Theatre of Salt Lake Community College's South City campus, 1575 S. State St.
Selected scenes from five operettas will be presented, with roles available for 20 lead performers. All roles open for singers, actors and dancers 16 years of age and older. Come prepared to both sing and dance. Please bring a recent photograph. An accompanist will be provided.
Alan LaFleur is directing and choreographing. Playdates are April 9-24. For additional information, call 461-3263.
- A SPRING TO REMEMBER on Tuesday, Feb. 2, from 7 until 9 p.m. at the Hale Center Theater, 225 W. 400 North, Orem, for the original Ruth Hale comedy about life during the Great Depression in the Targhee National Forest.
Roles for both men and women, ages 20 to 50s and 60s, including "leading man/woman" types and "lumberjack" types (both genders). Auditioners will do cold readings from the script. Be prepared to sing one verse of a Broadway style show tune. An accompanist will be provided.
Jerry Elison is directing the show, which runs April 22-June 14. For further information, call the theater at 226-8600.