Facebook Twitter

FIRE AT WOOD-WORK SHOP WAS LIKELY ACCIDENTAL

SHARE FIRE AT WOOD-WORK SHOP WAS LIKELY ACCIDENTAL

Investigators believe an early morning fire at a Salt Lake wood-working shop Thursday started by accident. The blaze caused at least $100,000 worth of damage, primarily to the roof of the structure.

Salt Lake City fire crews were called to Heinz & Sons Inc., 933 S. Rio Grande, about 1:17 a.m. and found flames shooting from an air conditioning unit atop the single-story, cinder block building, Salt Lake City Fire Capt. Rick Berrett said.Inside, fire had spread throughout the shop. Some 20 fire personnel were called to the building and cleared the scene less than 30 minutes later.