Are the dog days of summer nipping at your heels?
Do the lazy hazy days of summer make you crazy? ORIf you're experiencing the "salad days" . . . of your life . . . It's time to let us all in on your wonderful recipes!
Whatever you call these steamy weeks ahead, it's a perfect time for our readers to exchange recipes that are easy and refreshing for lunch or dinner, whether you use lettuce, cabbage or pasta as your base.
Please share a favorite Main Dish Salad recipe (no fruit or dessert salads this time, please) for our August Recipe Exchange.
Rules for submitting recipes:
1. Submit only one recipe per sheet of paper (but all can be mailed in one envelope). Include name and address on each recipe. Mail to Recipe Exchange, P.O.Box 1257, Salt Lake City, UT 84110.
2. No more than three recipes will be accepted from any one person.
3. Recipes must be postmarked no later than Friday, July 16.
4. If identical recipes are received, the one with the earliest postmark will be tested.
5. Recipes will be tested by a team of home economists with the best recipes printed in the Deseret News food section the first Tuesday in August. Readers whose recipes are selected will receive $5.
Thanks to our raspberry harvesters who shared their wonderful berry creations with our readers:
Minou Shelton, Linda L. Aiken, Beth Burton, Thelma Ivie, Thelma O. Thelin, Mildred L. Mansfield, Jolene Holt, Edna M. Hill, Faun L. Reynolds, Colleen Marshall, Kathleen Jones, Marcia Ellis, Nancy Palmer, Jan Aubrey, Hazel S. Cannon, July Jolley, Suzanne Liechty, Beth Harwood, Donna Carper, Ellen Koucos, Nancy Nielsen, Shirley Giles, Marcia Ellis, Norma Richardson, Jan Aubrey, Vera Graves and Jilene P. Card.