Auditions have been scheduled for the following productions:
- FIVE ON A HONEYMOON, Saturday, July 17, from 9 a.m. to noon at the Hale Center Theater, 2801 S. Main., South Salt Lake. Call the theater at 484-9257 to arrange an appointment. Roles for men and women, 25 to 60 years of age; boys and girls, about 16 years old, and one 6-year-old girl. Ron Jewett is directing the comedy, scheduled to run Sept. 30-Nov. 20. Roles will be double-cast and all performers will receive a stipend.
- GUYS AND DOLLS, Saturday, July 10, from 9 a.m. until noon on the Grand Theatre stage of Salt Lake Community College's South City Campus, 1575 S. State. Bryan Bowles is directing. All roles are open except that of Nathan Detroit, which has been precast. The musical will open the Grand Theatre's 1993-94 season.
- A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM, on Saturday, July 10, from 1 to 4 p.m. at the New Hope Center, 400 North & 1100 West, which is the new venue for Morgan Ludlow's Center Stage Theatre Company. Ludlow is directing the Shakespearean comedy, which will be presented Aug. 5-7. All roles are open. Twelve children in the 7-14 age bracket are needed to portray fairies and attendants. Dance experience is a plus for the children, but not required.
- SABRINA FAIR, Tuesday, July 13, from 7 to 10 p.m. at the StageStop Theatre, 3585 W. Bigler Road, Collinston (between Tremonton and Logan). Eight men and seven women, from 17 to 75 years of age, are needed. There will be cold readings from the script. The show will run Oct. 1 to Nov. 13. Call the theater at 458-3967 or 1-800 248-2530 for further information.
- OLIVER, 9 a.m. Saturday, July 17, at the Terrace Plaza Playhouse, 99 E. 4700 South, Washington Terrace (Ogden). Roles available for men and women of all ages and several roles for young boys, 8-12 years of age. Be prepared to sing a short solo. An accompanist will be provided. The production is the musical version of "Oliver Twist."