- Position open for director of Ezra Taft Benson Agriculture and Food Institute; director will also be faculty member in the College of Biology and Agriculture. The mission of the Benson Institute is to raise the quality of life through improved nutrition and enlightened agricultural practices. Director's position is tenure track, but responsibilities are primarily for administration of the Benson Institute.
Requirements include doctorate, at least three years international experience; second language desirable. Contact Lora Beth Brown, Department of Food Science and Nutrition, 471 WIDB, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 84602, (801) 378-6672, fax, (801) 378-7499. Application deadline is April 1, or until suitable candidate identified.
- Faculty positions open in the following areas:
- Mathematics; requirements include master's degree and background in statistics or computer science.
- Medical/surgical nursing; master's degree, with emphasis in medical/surgical nursing, experience in clinical practice.
- Modern/social/tap dance; master's degree or comparable professional experience.
- Art; master's degree, teaching or professional experience preferred.
- Communication, master's degree preferred.
- Communication/journalism; master's degree, professional experience in print media.
- Economics; master's degree.
- Biology; master's degree, in Botany or related field, doctorate preferred.
- History; master's degree.
Apply by March 1 to Robert R. Perkes, assistant academic vice president for instruction, Ricks College, Rexburg, Idaho 83460-4172.