Facebook Twitter

ELECTRICAL PANEL BLAST HOSPITALIZES 2 WORKERS

SHARE ELECTRICAL PANEL BLAST HOSPITALIZES 2 WORKERS

An electrical panel exploded on Capitol Hill Saturday night, hospitalizing two utility workers.

Duane Devore, 37, and Calvin Huntsman, 46, were transported to University Hospital in good condition, said Salt Lake Fire Capt. Dan Andrus. Huntsman suffered minor burns to the face and arms and Devore complained of dizziness. About 7:20 p.m. Devore and Huntsman were working on a 480-volt circuit breaker panel in the basement of the State Office Building behind the Capitol when some wires crossed, causing the explosion, Andrus said.

There was no fire or other structural damage. Andrus added the two private contract workers "were very lucky" to escape with only minor injuries.