Facebook Twitter

COUPLE LEFT HOMELESS AFTER APARTMENT BLAZE

SHARE COUPLE LEFT HOMELESS AFTER APARTMENT BLAZE

An apartment fire left a Salt Lake County couple homeless Friday night.

At about 9 p.m., Salt Lake County firefighters were dispatched to the Chateau Forest apartments, 4864 S. Highland Circle (about 1840 East). When firefighters arrived, they could see heavy smoke and flames in an upstairs bedroom of the six-plex."The fire started somewhere under a canopy bed," said Battalion Chief Larry Olsen, "and a lot of clothes and sheets got the fire going real good."

No one was injured in the blaze, which caused an estimated $70,000 in damage.