Fourteen Utah inventors received patents from the U.S. Patent Office for five mechanical, one chemical, and three electronic inventions.
Copies of patents are available by number for $3 from Box 9, Patent and Trademark Office, Washington, DC 20231. Abstracts are available at the Marriott Library, University of Utah.- Billy H. Prescott, Willard, Box Elder County. A process for preparing an ablative fiber composite insulation material using self-venting carbon or graphite phenolic. Assigned to Thiokol Corp., Ogden. Filed March 15, 1993. Patent 5,359,850.
- George D. Hessenthaler, Salt Lake City. A miter joint spline comprising a rod. Filed Jan. 23, 1992. Patent 5,360,128.
- Verlin M. Simmons, Providence, Cache County. A snowmobile ski flexing apparatus. Filed July 1, 1993, a continuation of application Dec. 9, 1992. Patent 5,360,220.
- William G. Lowe; Walter A. Moore, both of Ogden, and Linda M. Rink, Liberty, Weber County. An airbag inflator comprising two chambers, one containing gas generating material and the other containing gas under pressure; a filter is positioned between the first and second chambers to reduce the amount of particulate material. Assigned to Morton International, Inc., Chicago. Filed Sept. 14, 1993. Patent 5,340,232.
- Roland J. Christensen, Payette. A removable brace for supporting a human limb at a joint. Filed May 21, 1993. Patent 5,360,394.
- Bill A. Hancock, and Shane D. Fleming, both of Farmington. A method of recovering alkali metal carbonates from a slurry. Assigned to Cytec Technology Corp., Wilmington, Del. Filed Sept. 2, 1993. Patent 5,360,600.
- Gregg B. Beardsley, Sandy, and Fredrick M. Wilhelmsen, Salt Lake City. For use in an emulator, a method of enabling a UNIX program to operate with a block mode terminal when the UNIX program is designed to operate with a character mode terminal. Assigned to Unisys Corp., Blue Bell, Pa. Filed Jan. 29, 1993. Patent 5,361,344.
- Kent L. Gilson, Salt Lake City. A method of high speed computing by providing dynamically configurable gate arrays. Filed Dec. 11, 1992. Patent 5,361,373.
- Gary S. Watkins, and Russell A. Brown, both of Salt Lake City. A system for polygon interpolation using instantaneous values in a variable to produce a computer graphics image. Assigned to Evans & Sutherland Computer Corp., Salt Lake City. Filed Aug. 17, 1993, a continuation of application Sept. 10, 1991, which is a continuation-in-part of application April 10, 1990, which is a continuation-in-part of application Dec. 4, 1987. Patent 5,361,386.