R. Lawry Hunsaker, president of the Great Salt Lake Council of the Boy Scouts of America, will receive the Silver Antelope at the national annual meeting of the Boy Scouts of America in Nashville, Tenn., May 26. Hunsaker, who has been involved in Scouting for 50 years, is being honored for his exceptional character and his distinguished service to youths. The Silver Antelope is that national council's top regional Scouting award.
Dr. Alan K. Done of Salt Lake City, a consulting physician and toxicologist and a former faculty member at the University of Utah College of Medicine, has been elected to membership in the International Platform Association, a professional club of lecturers that was founded 158 years ago by Daniel Webster and Josiah Holbrook.Rian Smith of South Jordan will compete in New York City with other finalists in the national Kid Search modeling competition. He will compete for a $150,000 modeling contract with Wilhelmina Models and a $10,000 college scholarship.
Rabbi Frederick Lee Wenger of the Kol Ami congregation in Salt Lake City is to receive an honorary doctorate of divinity at Hebrew Union College's commencement exercises May 9 in Los Angeles.
Bessie Peterson of Clearfiled, president of the Utah Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary, recently joined other VFW Auxiliary leaders at the organization's national midyear conference in San Diego.
* Air Force/Army news:
- Army Pfc. Lynn M. Rosinski, daughter of Jeffry and Shirley Rosinski of Sandy, recently completed basic training at Fort Jackson in Columbia, S.C.
- Air Force 1st Lt. Michael W. Ivison, son of Carolyn Rudy of Midvale and Wayne Ivison of West Jordan, has received his silver wings after graduation from pilot training at Reese Air Force Base in Lubbock, Texas.
- Blaine J. Worthington, son of Jay and Nancy Worthington of West Valley City, has been commissioned a second lieutenant in the Air Force after graduating from Officer Training School at Maxwell Air Force Base in Montgomery, Ala.
- Army Pvt. Alan K. Richmond, son of Valerie C. Richmond of West Valley City, has graduated from the helicopter repair course at Fort Eustis in Newport News, Va.
- Air Force Airman Michael E. Miller, son of Connie Miller of Murray, has graduated from the electronic computer and switching systems course at Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi, Miss.
- Air Force Airman Brian A. Sloan, son of Irene Merritt of Bennion and Craig A. Sloan of Salt Lake City, recently graduated from basic training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio.
- Air Force Capt. Jeffrey M. Kamnikar, son of Deloy and Emilie Kamnikar of Midvale, has been named company grade officer of the year at Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma City. Kamnikar was honored for his exemplary duty, performance, job knowledge, leadership qualities and self-improvement.
- Army Spec. Matthew D. Carson, son of Steven and Joan Carson of West Valley City, recently completed the fuel and electrical systems repair course at Aberdeen Proving Ground in Aberdeen, Md.
- Michelle Lyn Comas, daugher of Jose and Rose Gomez of Kearns, has enlisted in the Air Force under its delayed enlistment program.