Utah inventors received patents for eight mechanical and electrical inventions. Copies of patents are available by number for $3 from Box 9, Patent and Trademark Office, Washington, D.C. 20231. Abstracts are available at the Marriott Library, University of Utah.
- Dale S. Cheney, Syracuse. A double lid truck storage box. Filed Jan. 21, 1993. Patent 5,299,722.- John C. Brewer, Salt Lake City. Apparatus for slicing particles from discarded vehicle tires for either disposing or preparation for recapping. Assigned to Garb Oil & Power Corp., Salt Lake City. Filed July 6, 1992. Patent 5,299,748.
- Tracy R. Mehlhoff, Orem. A tilting universal gym apparatus. Filed Dec. 24, 1992. Patent 5,299,990.
- Jerrold L. Foote; Darla R. Gill, and Fred P. Lampropoulos, all of Salt Lake City. System and method for monitoring and displaying balloon catheter inflation and deflation data. Assigned to Merit Medical Systems Inc., Salt Lake City. Filed March 18, 1992, a continuation of patent 5,135,488. Patent 5,300,027.
- Robert A. Lindsay, Bountiful; Patrick S. Grant, Orem, and Val D. Vaughn, North Salt Lake. Apparatus for high-speed compression of vector data inputs. Assigned to Unisys Corp., Blue Bell, Pa. Filed Sept. 4, 1987. Patent 5,300,931.
- Michael C. Freebairn, Orem. Mirror for mounting on a computer. Assigned to Peripheral Visions Inc., Orem. Filed July 2, 1991. Design patent 345,655.
- Andrew McLean, Park City; John Bercaw, Charles Brainerd, and Jonny Woodward, all of Salt Lake City. Carabiner for mountain climbing. Assigned to Black Diamond Equipment Ltd., Salt Lake City. Filed Aug. 17, 1992. Design patent 345,688.
- Dennis R. Webb, Salt Lake City, and Jana S. Buchanan, Sandy. Combination calculator and clock. Assigned to Franklin Quest Co., Salt Lake City. Filed April 17, 1992. Design patent 345,757.