One of the longest running city celebrations in the state will get started Monday with a concert by two local performers.
Afterglow - Pleasant Grove natives Kevin Peay and Joel McCausland - will unveil songs from its new country album at Strawberry Days. The concert will be held at 7 p.m. at the city rodeo grounds. Tickets are $4 for adults, $2 for children.On Wednesday evening, a children's parade, horse pulls and carnival will kick off the usual slate of events for the four-day celebration.
There will be two "mammoth" parades on Thursday, at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. The morning parade starts at Pleasant Grove High School and works its way down 200 South to 100 East then to 300 South, Main Street and ends on Center Street. The evening procession goes the opposite direction.
A Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association rodeo runs Thursday through Saturday nights.
As always, strawberries (now imported from California) and cream will be available at the downtown park and at the rodeo grounds.
Schedule of events:
- Monday, June 13 - Afterglow concert, 7 p.m., rodeo grounds; Adults $4, children $2.
- Wednesday, June 15 - Children's parade, 6 p.m.
- Horse pull, rodeo grounds, 7:30 p.m. Adults $4, children $2.
- Thursday, June 16 - Daughters of Utah Pioneers museum tour and bake sale, 9:30 a.m.; parades, 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.; flower show, city recreation office, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; fire truck display, Norton's parking lot, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.; PRCA Rodeo, rodeo grounds, 8 p.m., adults $6, children under 12 free with paying adult (Thursday only).
- Friday, June 17 - Pet show, swimming pool lawn, 9 a.m. to noon; boutique, community center, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; greased pole climb, community center, 1 p.m.; volleyball tournament, Battlecreek Park, 6 p.m.; pie eating contest, community center, 6:30 p.m., Strawberry Days Invitational Softball Tournament, 6:30 p.m.; PRCA rodeo, rodeo grounds, adults $6, children $3.
- Saturday, June 18 - Strawberry Days Tennis Tournament, 7 a.m.; softball tournament continues, 7:30 a.m.; Strawberry Days 5K Run, 8 a.m.; swim meet, Pleasant Grove High School, 9 a.m.; boutique, community center and recreation building, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; volleyball tournament, Battlecreek Park, 6 p.m.; PRCA rodeo finals, rodeo grounds, 8 p.m., adults $6, children $3.