Facebook Twitter



After questioning O.J. Simpson for about three hours, police refused to say whether the Hall of Fame running back is suspected of involvement in the killing of his ex-wife and a man with her.

But the Los Angeles Times cited unidentified police sources Tuesday who said he is under investigation in the slayings."We are not going to rule anyone out," police Cmdr. David Gascon said at a news conference late Monday when asked if Simpson was under suspicion.

Police briefly handcuffed Simpson before taking him for questioning.

Simpson, 46, voluntarily returned from Chicago on Monday to answer questions but was neither arrested nor held in the death of Nicole Brown Simpson, 35, and Ronald Lyle Goldman, 25, of Agoura.

"Mr. Simpson is not being treated as a suspect," his attorney, Howard Weitzman, said. "He had nothing to do with this tragedy.

"He is devastated. He had a tremendous amount of feeling for Nicole. It's a tremendous loss."

Both the Times and the Los Angeles Daily News cited anonymous police sources reporting that a blood-soaked glove was found at Simpson's home.

The Daily News reported the glove found at Simpson's home matched one found near

the bodies. The paper also said the victims' throats were slashed.A passer-by discovered Nicole Simpson's bloody body shortly after midnight near a gate to her West Los Angeles condominium. Police found Gold- man's body in shrubbery nearby.

It was unclear when they were killed, and police declined to comment on details of the case, but Weitzman said police estimated the killings happened about 11 p.m. Sunday.

One source told the Times that Simpson's release Monday was "a temporary thing." The source said an arrest was being delayed until forensic tests are completed.

Goldman was a waiter at Mezzaluna, a Brentwood restaurant where Nicole Simpson dined Sunday.

Neighbors said they had seen Goldman in the past with Nicole Simpson and her children, the Daily News reported.

"We're all terribly stunned. They were both very charming people," said Beverly Newman, who lives two houses down from the townhouse. She said she often saw Goldman at the condominium playing with Simpson's children.

"He seemed to be really good with those kids," she said.

Coroner's spokesman Scott Carrier said "sharp-force injuries" that might include stabbing contributed to the deaths but other causes hadn't been ruled out.

The Simpsons' young son and daughter were found asleep and unharmed inside their mother's home. They were staying with relatives.

O.J. Simpson flew to Chicago on business about 11 p.m. Sunday and returned at about 11:30 a.m. Monday after police notified him of his ex-wife's death, Weitzman said.

Simpson checked into the O'Hare Plaza Hotel at 6:15 a.m. CDT and hurriedly left at 8:30 a.m., said general manager Peter Phillips. Simpson had made a reservation three to five days earlier, he said.