Orem City CouncilDuring the council's meeting Tuesday, Aug. 23, the following items will be discussed:
- A public hearing is set for 6:30 p.m. to hear a request for rezoning at 585 W. 1600 North to allow improvement of the existing shopping center to include a major grocery store.
- Utah Valley State College and Orem City will discuss an interlocal agreement providing dispatch for the college on nights, weekends and holidays for $10,000 compensation.
- Lindon and Orem city officials will discuss sharing water systems in an emergency.
- A public hearing is set for 6:45 p.m. to hear a request for revision to a conditional use permit from North Abbey Condominiums. North Abbey is adding 16 units to total 66 units with amenities that include picnic area, a covered hot tub and half-court basketball space.
- Acting as the Redevelopment Agency, the council will look at a request from the Bank of American Fork for reimbursement of the cost of putting in a four-story parking structure on the northwest corner of 800 East and 1300 S South.
- Barber Brothers car dealership is asking for permission to expand within the redevelopment zone to add a 3,200-square-foot addition.
The council meets in the Orem City Council Chambers, Orem City Center, 56 N. State.