LaytonIn its Aug. 19 meeting, the City Council:
- Announced that the city has signed a five-year contract with Roche and Sons Disposal for automated garbage collection to begin this fall. Because of increased costs with this service and with burn plant tipping fees, monthly garbage fees will rise from $10.20 to $12.70.
- Held a public hearing and voted 3-2 to approve rezoning 1.5 acres at 1245 East Gentile Street, from single-family residential to multi-family residential.
- Granted preliminary approval to Eastridge subdivision, phases 4 and 5, 1100 E. 3300 North, with three new lots added, following a closer look by the state at the runway easement zone around Hill Air Force Base.
- Approved Cottonwood subdivision, phase eight, final, 14 lots at 2700 E. 1525 North.
- Approved Deere Valley subdivision, phase 2, final, 37 lots at 1800 E. 3000 North.
- Approved Willow Bend subdivision, phase 2, final, 19 lots at 2275 N. 650 West.
- Approved Heritage Park Commercial subdivision, 7 lots at 1550 N. 400 West.
- Approved Ablazen Estates subdivision, 1 lot, final, 100 E. 975 South.
- Appointed five members - Dee Staples, Ed Green, Vaughn Covington, Jerry Chatterton and Scott Hodge - to a five-year term on a city building code board of appeals.
- Appointed Wynn Hansen as the planning commission representative on the board of adjustments.
- Awarded a $63,000 contract to Bouchard Construction to build a golf course retaining wall at 2550 E. 1200 North.
- Awarded a $122,000 contract to R.L. Shaw Company for the Gentile and Angel streets sidewalk project.
- Approved an agreement with UDOT for the installation of street lighting at both the Sunset Drive and Cherry Lane intersections on Highway 89 in conjunction with traffic signal installation this fall.