Facebook Twitter

S.L. MAN SNIPS POWER LINE WHILE PRUNING AND DIES

SHARE S.L. MAN SNIPS POWER LINE WHILE PRUNING AND DIES

A Salt Lake man was electrocuted Tuesday when he accidentally cut a power line while pruning a tree in his yard.

The 60-year-old man, whose name has not been released, climbed about 30 feet up the tree around 8:30 p.m. to trim a few branches, according to a Salt Lake police spokesman.He apparently died instantly.

Power to the entire block around his home at 347 N. 600 West was shut off for several hours until rescue crews could bring his body down.