Fourteen Utah inventors received patents from the U.S. Patent Office for eight inventions. Copies of patents are available by number for $3 from Box 9, Patent and Trademark Office, Washington, DC 20231. Abstracts are available at the Marriott Library, University of Utah.
- LaVon L. Bennett, Alpine. Dual action cocking mechanism for adjustable biopsy device. Filed Nov. 24, 1993. Patent 5,335,072.- James W. Hagon, Salt Lake City. Sprinkler breakage, flooding, and theft prevention mechanism. Assigned to Sprinkler Sentry, Inc., Salt Lake City. Filed July 14, 1993. Patent 5,335,857.
- George R. Pipes, Salt Lake City. Article handling system using coils on a helical path. Assigned to Eaton Corp., Cleveland. Filed Sept. 16, 1992. Patent 5,336,032.
- Stephen C. Aldous, Salt Lake City, and Guy M. Duke, Sandy. Media connector interface for use with a PCMCIA-architecture communications card. Assigned to Megahertz Corp., Salt Lake City. Filed Oct. 1, 1993, a continuation of application Nov. 10, 1992, which is a division of patent 5,183,404. Patent 5,336,099.
- William T. Dalebout, and Richard B. Ellis, both of Logan. An exercise machine stepper with adjustable resistance mechanism. Assigned to Proform Fitness Products, Inc., Logan. Filed Feb. 4, 1993. Patent 5,336,142.
- Gary D. Piaget, and Trace O. Gordon, both of Salt Lake City. Treadmill with dual reciprocating treads. Filed Dec. 15, 1993. Patent 5,336,146.
- R. Scott Hamilton, Bear River City; Robert B. Wardle, Logan; and Jerald C. Hinshaw, Pleasant View. Vinyl ethers as nonammonia producing bonding agents in composite propellant formulations. Assigned to Thiokol Corp., Ogden. Filed Apr. 16, 1993. Patent 5,336,343.
- William T. Dalebout; S. Ty Measom, and Scott R. Watterson, all of Logan. Adjustable incline system for exercise equipment. Assigned to Weslo, Inc., Logan. Re-examination request Feb. 26, 1993. Claims 1-19, 20, 23 canceled. Claims 21,22,24,25 patented as amended. New claims 26-44 added. Patent 4,913,396.