Facebook Twitter

W.V. FIRE BLAMED ON SHORT

SHARE W.V. FIRE BLAMED ON SHORT

A fire upstairs at a multilevel West Valley house that caused $20,000 damage Saturday started from an electrical short, fire officials say.

Neighbors of the house at 4140 W. 3200 South called authorities at 12:56 p.m. after witnessing smoke pouring from the rear of the home. Fire crews arrived and extinguished the blaze within 10 minutes, West Valley Fire Battalion Chief Jeff Scharman said.The property owners arrived as fire crews attacked the blaze and reported no one else was inside, Scharman said.

The fire and subsequent damage were confined to an upstairs corner. Investigators believe the fire started from an electrical short in an incense burner, he said.