The Sandy Area Chamber of Commerce has announced the 1995 Sandy Business Beautification Award winners.
Criteria for judging included color, design, maintenance and effort, appearance from the public right-of-way and accents. Judging was conducted by Beautification Committee members Johanna Niel-sen, Suzanne Labrum and Ruth Hines.
The winners are:
- First place - Crosslands Retirement Community, 10970 S. 700 East.
- Best variety - First Security Bank, Bell Canyon branch, 10625 S. 1300 East.
- Best use of natural resources - America First Credit Union, 9380 S. State St.
- Best inviting and colorful entry - Crescent View Middle School, 11150 S. 300 East.
- Best corner design - Buck's Chevron, 9401 S. 700 East.
- Honorable mention - Albertsons' Strip Mall, 9400 S. 700 East; Larkin Sunset Gardens, 10600 S. 700 East; Becton Dickinson, 9400 S. State St.