Sharing its treasures not only with its students but also with the public, Brigham Young University will feature several exhibits of various types throughout April. The exhibits are free.
- The Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum will display its "Bears of North America" exhibit, the new W.W. Tanner Synoptic Collection of "Amphibians and Reptiles," the Clyde and Marilyn W. Early collection of mounted animals from Africa and North America, and standard exhibits displaying animals from various continents.Museum hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays. Call 378-5052 for additional information.
- The Museum of Peoples and Cultures, 700 N. 100 East, will continue its Paquim and the Casas Grandes Culture exhibit, teaching about life in the ancient Mexican civilization. Museum hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays and 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays. Call 378-6112 for additional information.
- Throughout the month, the Museum of Art will display "150 Years of American Painting," "C.C.A. Christensen's Mormon Panorama," "Our Tuneful Heritage: Musical Instruments From the Metropolitan Museum of Art," "Out of Print: Works by 25 Utah Artists," and an installation by Brian O'Doherty. Douglas Snow's "To Be in This Country" will remain on display through April 15. Museum hours are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays. For more information, call 378-ARTS.
- The Lee Library will present the Aldine Press Exhibit in the Special Collections Room, 4040 HBLL, and in the Tanner Memorial Room next to the circulation desk. The exhibit is a collection of books printed by Aldus Manutius in the 15th and 16th centuries. Manutius is credited with inventing italic type and pocket-size books. Hours are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays. Call 378-8109 for more information.
- The Earth Science Museum, 1683 N. Canyon Road, will display a dinosaur collection, including an allosaurus, camptosaurus, triceratops and a large primitive crocodile. Museum hours are Mondays from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Tuesdays through Fridays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturdays from noon to 4 p.m. Admission is free, but a $1 donation for adults and a 50-cent donation for children is recommended.
- The B.F. Larsen Gallery and Gallery 303 of the Harris Fine Arts Center will display works of undergraduate and graduate BYU students. Larsen Gallery hours are 8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays. Gallery 303 hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Call 378-2881 for more information.
- The Brimhall Gallery, in Room 145 BRMB, on the south end of campus, will present several displays during April. April 17 through 21, it will feature a General Motors display on industrial design. On April 24 through 29 the gallery will present the works of Linda Sullivan's graphic-design students. Gallery hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Call 378-2881 for more information.