In its March 28 meeting, the City Council:
- Accepted the resignation of Councilman Ken Barlow who has moved out of the city. Applications for his replacement are being accepted at the city offices. A replacement could be named at the April 24 council meeting.
- Approved a lease purchase agreement with First Security for $52,000 over five years on two new vehicles - a police car and a community development car - and a fuel storage tank.
- Approved modifications to the city's master plan and performance zone so it will target Clinton's two main streets - 1800 North and 2000 West. Changes were also approved on lot depth.
- Approved a special meeting on April 4 to accept bids for the city's new public works building.
- Adopted the state standards for manufactured homes in Clinton.