Can we really be planning for September already? Well, we are, and it's the opportune time to call for recipes using berries. Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, boysenberries - no Manilows or Daves, please.
Submit your recipes to our Recipe Exchange and if Aunt Edna (the supreme recipe tester) smiles upon your entry, you shall instantly become the recipient of a major chunk of money.Here are the "berry uncomplicated" rules:1. Sumbit only one recipe per sheet of paper (all can be mailed in one envelope). Include your name, address and phone number on each recipe.
2. Mail to:
P.O. Box 1257
Salt Lake City, UT 84110
3. No more than three recipes will be accepted from any one person or household.
4. Recipes must be postmarked no later than Aug. 15, 1995.
5. If identical recipes are received, the one with the earliest postmark will be tested.
6. Recipes chosen for publication will appear in the Deseret News Food Extra the first Tuesday in September (that's Sept. 5).
7. A $10 prize will be sent to eachRecipe Exchange winner.
Thanks to all the "pepper people" who sent in recipes last month: Mimi Price, Harli Zaugg, Fay Sargent, Ellen Koucos, Janet Barton, Jan Bradford, Diana Richards, Millie Heaston, and Georgia Dawn Clegg.