* EUROPE BY BUS. Eurobus, the motorcoach service linking 21 cities in 10 European countries, is launching winter service. The company, which operates on a pass system similar to Eurail, intended to provide service only during summers but business has been so brisk that it's converting to a year-round operation. The company opened for business March 15. Its pass system allows you to hop on or off the route for periods of up to three months. Beginning this fall, the company will offer unlimited travel passes for one-month and 14-day durations. Now the company sells two- and three-month passes. Also, this fall the company will add Spain to its itinerary. Eurobus stops in Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Holland, Hungary, Italy, Switzerland and (soon) Spain. Pass prices, under 27 years old and over 26 respectively, are: 14-days: $139 and $189; one month: $199 and $260; two months: $250 and $325; three months: $325 and $400. For Eurobus information call Eurotrips at 1-800-517-7778.
* TOUR PHILADELPHIA AND its environs with the Hafen-Dallin Guild. The four-day tour will be Oct. 5-8 and will include visits to the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the Rodin Museum, and a day trip to the Brandywine Valley's Brandywine River Museum and Longwood Gardens. The trip will also feature time in Pennsylvania Dutch country. You'll stay at the Independence Hall Holiday Inn in Philadelphia's historic district near the Liberty Bell and Congress Hall. The price of $895 per person is based on double occupancy and a minimum of 20 participants. It includes airfare, hotel transfers, a bus tour of Amish Country and museum admissions. $100 of the price will be donated toward construction of the new Centennial Wing of the Springville Art Museum. $100 deposits are due Aug. 18. For information contact Sharon Gray at the museum, 1-801-489-2727.
* BASEBALL ANYONE? It's not difficult for a person in Utah to obtain a schedule and tickets for a Major League baseball game. If you're interested in seeing your favorite team west of the "Colorado Rockies" this summer, write or call the following ticket offices for information:
Colorado Rockies Call 303-ROCKIES or 1-800-388-ROCK, for all ticket information
or write to:
Coors Field 2001 Blake Street
Denver, CO 80205-2000
Att: Ticket Dept.
Los Angeles Dodgers Call 213-224-1448 to charge tickets.
For a schedule and other information write:
1000 Elysian Park Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Oakland Athletics Call (510) 762-BASS to order tickets by credit card. For all other ticket information and scheduling call (510) 638-0500
San Diego Padres They have a direct ticket line through all ticket master outlets (619) 297-PADRES.
For a complete 1995 schedule write the Padres ticket office:
P.O. Box 2000
San Diego, CA 92112-2000
Att: Ticket Dept.
San Francisco Giants A schedule and ticket order form can be sent to an individual by calling (415) 468-3700.
Seattle Mariners Tickets can be purchased through Ticket Master (206) 622-4487. A schedule can be obtained by calling (206) 468-3700.
BIKE VERMONT INC. IS AMONG many outfitters that offer inn-to-inn fall foliage bicycle tours of Vermont. The company lets you pedal at your own pace to take in the scenery and stop in small towns along the way. More of the company's clients are over 50 rather than under 30. The price for a weekend tour is $315 per person (not including air fare) and $765 per person for a five-day tour. Prices include lodging in country inns, dinners and breakfast, full van support, daily maps, detailed directions to points of interest, and two tour leaders. Bring your own bike or rent one. For information call 1-800-257-2226.
* LEARN TO SAIL AT THE OFFSHORE SAILING SCHOOL. The school is offering fall discounts at two of its resorts. If you register by Sept. 15, you'll save $165 on a five-night package at South Seas Plantation, Captiva Island, Fla., if you stay in rooms at the Harbourside Hotel. You'll pay $895 per person for the Learn to Sail course instead of $1,060. The savings are available for courses completed by Dec. 15, 1995. You'll save $285 per person on the seven-night Accelerated Cruising course during the same time period with accommodations in Harbourside rooms. The discounted price is $1,595 per person. Package prices include accommodations (double occupancy), course instruction and materials, certificate and a graduation party. Offshore Sailing was founded by former Olympic and America's Cup sailor Steve Col-gate. The company also operates out of Tortola, British Virgin Islands; St. Petersburg, Fla.; Marigot Bay, St. Lucia and Newport, R.I.; Jersey City, N.J.; and Greenwich, Conn. For information call 1-800-221-4326.
* MAGELLAN'S CATALOG SPECIALIZES in difficult-to-find supplies for travelers. Its Fall/Winter 1995 catalog has a new section featuring products for disabled travelers. "Before we designed this section, we talked with our customers who have special needs and tour operators who arrange their travel, about what they feel are the biggest hardships when traveling. The supplies in this section were suggested again and again in our conversations as travel gear that would make a difference," said Magellan's president John McManus. The items include a folding travel wheelchair weighing 22 pounds; a travel steam inhaler that operates in foreign electrical outlets; a diabetic travel kit with special gel packs for keeping insulin cool and supplies organized; an adjustable folding cane; a vibrating alarm clock that is placed under a pillow to awaken hearing-impaired travelers; a walking stick with a fold-out seat for travelers who have difficulty standing; and easy-to-use wheelchair cinch straps. Hard-to-find supplies for travelers in general featured in the catalog include an inflatable foot rest, no-rinse shampoo and conditioner and travel medical kits. To request a free copy of the catalog, call 1-800-962-4943.
HILTON'S VACATION STATION program for kids continues through Sept. 4 at participating hotels and resorts across the country. It offers special services for children including welcome gifts, free use of toys and games and information on local family activities and entertainment. The hotels have a stock of Hasbro toys and games available free at lending desks including Scrabble, brand Crossword Game, Tinkertoys, Trans-for-mers, Tonka trucks, Mr. Potato Head and the Spirograph Design Toy. For information on participating hotels call your travel agent or 1-800-HILTONS. The program is available to families traveling with children.
* MANNHEIM TO PRAGUE ON THE CASTLE ROAD. More than 70 castles and palaces can be seen from the Castle Road, which stretches 618 miles from Mannheim, Germany (on the Rhine River) to Prague, capital of the Czech Republic. Sights along the way include the Neckar Valley and the Heidelberg Castle; Castle Guttenberg; the walled town of Rothenburg ob der Tauber; Nuremberg's Imperial Castle; and the town of Cheb with its 12th-century Black Tower and Romanesque Twin Chapel. The 14th-century Imperial Palace in Karlstejn is the most beautiful Czech castle on the route. For information about travel along the Castle Road, contact the German National Tourist Office, 11766 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 750, Los Angeles, CA 90025.
* HOTEL INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET. "The Internet Guide to Hostelling" can help you find information on hostel and budget travel. It includes the "Worldwide Hostel Guide," a listing of more than 3,000 hostels in over 100 regions worldwide. "Talk Backpacking" lets you send in questions pertaining to hostelling and budget travel. The questions are answered and listed for all readers to see. "What's `News' in hostelling" has feature articles and current events about hostels and backpacking. "Tips and Tales" is a collection of budget travel tips from readers. "Going Places" provides tips and information on how to travel as cheaply and as fun as possible. "Guide to Budget Guidebooks" briefly reviews popular travel guidebooks that include hostel information. Access "The Internet Guide to Hostelling" on WWW at URL: http://www.hostels.com/hostels/.