A two-year-old girl swallowed a stone of crack cocaine but was recovering from the overdose in the hospital, police said Saturday.
The Texarkana toddler was moved out of an intensive care unit at Arkansas Children's Hospital, where she was airlifted Tuesday after police found her suffering seizures.Detectives were investigating how she obtained the drug.
"We're surmising the child found a rock of crack cocaine and swallowed it," Texarkana police Lt. Jackie Runion said.
The girl's mother left her in the care of a relative while she went to a hair salon, he said. No one has been arrested.