Alpine City Council
In its Tuesday, May 14, meeting, the City Council will:
- Hold a public hearing regarding the High Bench Ridge subdivision to change the zone from one-acre to half-acre residential. The project is off 100 South and about 650 East.
- Hold a public hearing regarding a new ordinance regulating temporary turnarounds and cul-de-sacs. The council has been concerned about the length of some dead-end roads without turn-arounds.
- Review the city handbook on policies and procedures.
- Consider an amendment to the annexation ordinance that would allow a short form of a document called a policy declaration when annexing five acres or less. State law now allows such annexations without the document. The amendment was requested by the Planning Commission.
- Consider ordinances regulating motor vehicles in city parks and on trails and allowing drive-up service in restaurants under certain conditions.
- Review the 1997 fiscal year budget.
The meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. at City Hall, 20 N. Main St.
Spanish Fork City Council
In its Wednesday, May 15, meeting, the City Council will:
- Consider a plat map dividing property at the Albertsons supermarket to build shops on either side of the store at 800 East and 800 North.
- Consider changes in the utility deposit policy, discontinuing charging a deposit for most home-owners.
- Review the city's new draft zoning ordinance.
- Consider the purchase of 2.5 acres from Dr. Bill Creer for a park and detention basin for storm drainage next to the planned Spanish Fork elementary school at 1700 East and about 1200 South.
The meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. with an agenda review. The main meeting begins at 7 p.m. in the City Council chambers, 40 S. Main St.