On the agenda
Utah County Commission
In its Tuesday, June 11, meeting, the Utah County Commission is scheduled to:
- Consider an agreement with Northstar Multimedia Communications Inc. to provide fiber-optic cable between Provo and Spanish Fork.
- Consider a cooperative agreement with Utah Department of Transportation for the design of five bridges in Utah County.
- Consider three project agreements with AT&T for upgrading the various facilities of the county as required to add the new security center into the system.
- Ratify the bids accepted by the county clerk/auditor at the annual real property tax sale.
- Refer agricultural protection area applications 1, 2 and 3 submitted by Cherry Hill Farms Inc., to the Agriculture Protection Area Advisory Board and Utah County Planning Commission for review.
Orem City Council
The council will meet Tuesday, June 11, to discuss:
- The ad-hoc road bond committee recommendations. Traffic engineering staff members have prepared concept designs of the recommendations which will serve to help the council decide whether to hold a bond election in the fall.
- Amendments to the city's 1996-97 Community Development Block Grant budget.
- In public hearing, the budget for the city's 1996-97 fiscal year as well as the redevelopment agency and municipal building authority budgets.
The City Council meets at 6 p.m. in the council chambers of the city center at 56 North State. The road bond discussion will precede the regular meeting at 5 p.m.
American Fork City Council
In its Tuesday, June 11, meeting, the council is scheduled to:
- Hold a public hearing on the proposed 1996-97 city budget.
- Present the grand marshal for the City Celebration parade.
- Hear a presentation from the police department on claim for equal benefits and compensation apparently arising from the negotiated resignation of another officer.
- Consider adopting the 1996-97 city budget.
- Consider an ordinance to make the intersection of 700 North and 200 West a four-way stop.
The meeting begins at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 31 N. Church St.
Highland City Council
At its June 11 meeting, the council is scheduled to:
- Consider adopting the proposed 1996-97 city budget.
- Consider a request to extend the pressurized irrigation system beyond the city limits.
- Consider an interlocal agreement with Alpine City to create a public safety district.
- Appoint commissioners to the public safety district.
- Approve the purchase of a new city telephone system.
The meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. at the Highland City Offices, 5378 W. 10400 North.