Facebook Twitter



Three men who say they saw Oklahoma City bombing suspect Timothy McVeigh the morning of the explosion say they haven't been contacted by federal investigators in nearly a year.

The three Oklahoma men, who were interviewed after the April 19, 1995, explosion, believe more than two people were involved in the bombing, according to a copyright story in Sunday's Denver Post.McVeigh and Terry Nichols are charged with federal murder and conspiracy counts in the explosion at the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building that killed 168 people and injured more than 500 others.

If convicted, McVeigh and Nichols, who will be tried in Denver, could face the death penalty. No trial date has been set.

McVeigh was arrested and jailed 90 minutes after the blast when he was stopped near Perry, north of Oklahoma City, for driving a car with no license plates.

Nichols surrendered two days later.

Authorities also looked for a heavyset, dark-skinned suspect called "John Doe No. 2," based on descriptions from witnesses who said the man was with McVeigh when he rented a Ryder truck in Junction City, Kan.

But as time passed and no arrests were made, talk of other suspects gradually died down. Prosecutors say McVeigh and Nichols are the ones who planned the bombing but add they haven't closed the door on more indictments.

"As of today we have no information that anyone other than McVeigh and Nichols masterminded this bombing," federal prosecutor Beth Wilkinson said at an April 9 hearing in U.S. District Court in Denver. " would suppose that 45 days before the trial, when we present our witness list, that we would be able to identify any co-conspirators."

The three men, who say they saw McVeigh in the half-hour before the bombing, believe more people were involved in the explosion.

Kyle Hunt, David Snider and Mike Moroz all told the FBI they spotted McVeigh in separate sightings.

Hunt, a Tulsa bank vice president, said he saw McVeigh in a car following the Ryder truck. He said he noticed the car, which had other people in it, and the truck because the people appeared to be lost in rush-hour morning traffic.

Snider said he was working at a business in a warehouse area in Oklahoma City when he saw a Ryder truck, which he tried to flag down. He thought the truck was coming to pick up equipment.

Snider said the passenger in the truck, who he believes was McVeigh, growled something at him and Snider cursed at him. He said the driver wasn't Nichols or Michael Fortier, a friend of the defendants who says he knew about the bombing plans.

Snider said the driver wasn't the dark-skinned John Doe No. 2, either.

Moroz said he was working at a tire store near the federal building when a Ryder truck pulled into the parking lot. He said a man with a crewcut and sharp features got out asked for directions downtown. Moroz believes the man was McVeigh.

None of the men testified before the grand jury that indicted McVeigh and Nichols.