Registration is approaching for students planning to attend the new Lone Peak High School.
Students can receive course booklets as well as sign up for classes during pre-registration at several locations during the next few weeks:- American Fork High School (11th grade) Jan. 30 and 31 in the lunch room.
- American Fork High School (10th grade) Feb. 11 and 12 in the lunch room.
- Mountain Ridge Junior High School (ninth grade) Feb. 4 in the auditorium.
- Pleasant Grove High School (10th and 11th grades) Jan. 29 at 9 a.m. in the auditorium.
- Pleasant Grove Junior High School (ninth grade) Feb. 5 at 9 a.m. in the auditorium.
During final registration, students and parents will have a chance to meet with Lone Peak faculty members as well as register for classes. Final registration will take place on two nights in the auditorium at Mountain Ridge Junior High School in Highland:
- Feb. 25 (ninth grade) at 7 p.m.
- Feb. 26 (10th and 11th grades) at 7 p.m.
Students who do not attend the registration nights at Mountain Ridge Junior High will have to register at the offices of Lone Peak High School and will be subject to course availability.
Also, students who do not live within Lone Peak's boundaries (which include all of Highland, Alpine, Cedar Hills and Manila north of 2600 North) may attend the school by filling out an "out-of-area" form by Feb. 15. Forms can be obtained at any school's office and must be returned to 575 N. 100 East, American Fork, UT 84003.