Auditions have been scheduled for the following local and regional stage productions:
- THE GIFT OF CHRISTMAS, being produced by Promised Valley Productions (with playdates Dec. 12-31 at Kingsbury Hall), on Nov. 4-7 at the LDS Church's Bountiful-Woods Cross Regional Center, 835 N. 400 East, North Salt Lake.The holiday musical, starring Robert Peterson as the Innkeeper of Bethlehem, is being directed by Charles Metten and choreographed by David Tinney, with musical direction by David Barrus. Except for Peterson, all roles are open.
The audition schedule is:
- Tuesday, Nov. 4: children, 8-12 years of age, 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 5: teenagers, 13-18, 7 p.m.; adults, 8 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 6: adults, 7 p.m..
- Friday, Nov. 7, callbacks, by invitation only.
All auditioners must call Laurie at 240-6491 to schedule a specific time slot. All auditioners should come prepared to sing eight bars of a favorite Christmas song. An accompanist will be provided. Please bring your own sheet music, but NO tape-recorded accompaniment.
The auditions will be held at the Regional Center. All performers chosen for the production will be paid and all will play multiple roles.
Rehearsals, also scheduled at the regional center, will be at 6 p.m. Tuesdays-Fridays and from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays from Nov. 8 through Dec. 5. Dress rehearsals will be held Dec. 6-10 at Kingsbury Hall on the University of Utah campus.
The show will have 17 performances, both evenings and matinees.
For further information, call 240-5696.
- MR. SCROOGE, on Wednesday, Oct. 15, for the Park City Performances production of the musical comedy based on Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol."
Children's auditions (6 to 18 years of age) are scheduled from 3 to 6 p.m. in the Santy Auditorium of the Carl Winters Building, with tryouts for adults (19-70 years of age), scheduled tom 7 to 9 p.m. in PCP's temporary offices on the second floor of Market Place Mall on Main Street. Callbacks will be held Oct. 16.
Children who can act and sing are needed for the show. For further information, contact Richard Scott or Barbara Borrelli at 649-9371.
Play dates are Dec. 4-21, with the venue to be announced.
- BORN YESTERDAY on Tuesday and Wednesday, Oct. 14-15, from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. both nights at the Villa Playhouse Theatre, 254 S. Main, Springville. Callbacks will be Saturday, Oct. 18, from 10 a.m. until noon. (There will also be some time set aside on Saturday for those who are unable to audition on the two evening dates.) Bill Brown is directing the classic 1946 Broadway comedy. There are roles for five women and nine men, all from 16 to 70 years of age. All roles will be double-cast. Play dates are Jan. 9-Feb. 19, 1998 (Mondays and Thursdays-Saturdays).
For further information, call Brown at 489-4980 or Robinne Booth at 489-3088.
The Villa Playhouse is also looking for instrumentalists to play in the Villa Institute Performance (or VIP) Orchestra, a nonprofit musical group that will perform for the theater's musical productions. For further information, call either of the two numbers listed above.