clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Kitchen fire damages home; Taylorsville man treated

A kitchen fire caused about $25,000 in damage to a Taylorsville home Friday night.

Fire crews responded to 5930 S. Jordan Canal Road (about 3000 West) shortly before 7 p.m. and found a kitchen on fire, said Salt Lake County Fire Inspector Chris Cage.The house owner, Terry Chen, tried to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher and then evacuated the house with his two dogs. He was taken to Cottonwood Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.

The fire was out within 15 minutes, Cage said.