I-15 schedule for Oct. 26-Nov. 1.
1) I-15, 600 North. The 600 North interchange and viaduct will be closed until August 1998. Streets passing under the viaduct (600 West, Pugsley Street, 500 West and 400 West) are closed, except to local traffic.
2) North Temple, 650 West to 750 West. Oct. 27-29, the eastbound right lane of North Temple will be closed while utility lines are relocated.
3) Bridge Demolition. Oct. 27-30, 10 p.m-6 a.m., 400 South will be closed between 300 West and 900 West while crews demolish the northbound I-15 onramp to westbound I-80. Detour: North Temple or 200 South. 400 South, 700 West to 800 West. Oct. 28-Nov. 1, traffic will be limited to one lane in each direction.
4) Ramp closures. Oct. 27, 10 p.m.-6 a.m., 500 South on-ramp to I-15 southbound will be closed, 500 South on-ramp to I-15 northbound will remain open.
5) Ramp closures. The connection from eastbound I-80 to northbound I-15 will be closed until July 1999. The connections from northbound I-15 to westbound I-80 and 500 South to westbound I-80 will be closed until August 2000.
6) Ramp closures. Oct. 30, 10 p.m.-6 a.m., I-15 southbound off-ramp to 1300 South will be closed. This closure will necessitate closure of the I-80 eastbound ramp to I-15 southbound. Alternate routes: southbound motorists use 600 South or 2100 South, I-80 eastbound traffic will be diverted to 600 South off-ramp, re-entering I-15 at 500 South.
7) Ramp closures. The 1300 South onramp to southbound I-15 and the the 1300 South onramp to northbound I-15 will remain closed until July 1999.
8) Northbound and southbound collectors. The northbound and southbound collectors of I-15 will remain closed until September 1999.
9) Ramp closures. Westbound 2100 South to southbound I-15, eastbound U-201 to southbound I-15 and westbound 2100 South to eastbound I-80 will be closed until September 1997.
10) Southbound I-15, 2100 South to 3300 South. Oct. 28, 10 p.m.-6 a.m., southbound motorists will exit at 2100 South, travel west to 900 West, then South on 900 West to 3300 South, where they may re-enter I-15.
11) I-80, State Street to I-15. Westbound I-80 between I-15 and State Street will be closed until August 1999. Traffic is detoured onto State Street. Southbound traffic can enter I-15 at the 3300 South interchange. Northbound traffic can re-enter I-15 at 2100 South. Westbound traffic can take U-201 to northbound I-215 and rejoin I-80. The 700 East onramp to westbound I-80 is closed.
12) 2700 South overpass. Road closed until spring or summer 1998.
13) Ramp closures. The 3300 South onramp to northbound I-15 and the northbound I-15 offramp at 3300 South will be closed until August 1999.
14) 3900 South overpass. The eastbound inside lane and westbound outside lane of 3900 South will be closed until mid-1999. One traffic lane is open in each direction.
15) Ramp closures. The 4500 South onramp to southbound I-15 and the southbound I-15 offramp at 4500 South will be closed until August 1998.
16) Northbound I-15, 4500 South to 2100 South. Oct. 28, 10 p.m.-6 a.m., northbound traffic will be detoured to 4500 South, east to State Street and north to 2100 South, west to I-15 northbound.
17) Vine Street overpass. Closed until fall 1998.
18) Ramp closures. The westbound I-215 onramp to northbound I-15 and the northbound I-15 onramp to eastbound I-215 will be closed until May 2001.
19) Ramp closures. The 7200 South onramp to southbound I-15 and the southbound I-15 offramp at 7200 South are closed until July 1998. The 7200 South onramp to northbound I-15 is closed until at least July 1999 and possibly until July 2000.
20) Northbound I-15, 7200 South to 9000 South. Oct. 27-Nov. 7, 10 p.m.-6 a.m., two northbound outside lanes will be closed for sound wall installation.
21) Ramp closure. The 10600 South onramp to southbound I-15 will be closed until August 1998.
22) Lane Closure. Oct. 24-31, the southbound I-15 offramp at 10600 South will be restricted to one lane while a temporary offramp is constructed.
This schedule is subject to change. For daily updates, call the I-15 hotline at 1-888-INFO-I15 or point your web browser to www.I-15.com.
I-15 Look Ahead
The following is a projected schedule of major construction along the I-15 corridor:
I-15 Bridge Demolition. Nov. 3-4, 10 p.m.-6 a.m., crews will close 7800 South at I-15 while they demolish the existing I-15 southbound bridge over 7800 South, also closed to pedestrian traffic.
I-15 Bridge Demolition. Nov. 5-6, crews will close 8000 South at I-15 while they install utility lines and demolish the I-15 southbound bridge over 8000 South, also closed to pedestrian traffic.
These Utah Department of Transportation construction and maintenance projects in Davis and Salt Lake counties may impact travel through the valley:
I-15, North Salt Lake to Woods Cross. Work is nearly complete on two miles of the freeway between the I-215 interchange and the 2600 South exit. Crews will be working on the shoulders this week, causing minimal impacts to traffic.
Advanced Traffic Management System. Oct. 27-Nov. 1, The following lanes will be closed as crews install ATMS equipment around the Salt Lake Valley: State Street between 4300 South and 5900 South at various points, northbound inside lane between 3000 South and 2700 South, southbound inside lane between 2700 South and 2600 South; 5400 South, westbound outside lane between 4800 West and 5600 West; 200 South, eastbound outside lane between 400 West and 1600 West.
2100 South, 1700 East to 2300 East. Traffic restricted to one lane in each direction, 24 hours.
4100 South, 4000 West to 5600 West. One lane open in each direction at all times.
Highland Drive, 4500 South to 4800 South. Seven days, 24 hours, traffic restricted to one lane in each direction until November.
Redwood Road, 6600 South to 7800 South. Monday through Saturday, 6 a.m.-6 p.m., crews working on sidewalks, park strip and driveways. Outside lanes closed, 24 hours.
Redwood Road, 7800 South to 9000 South. Seven days, 24 hours, traffic reduced to one lane in each direction. Periodic one-way traffic may be in place during the day or night. Traffic on 7800 South and 9000 South reduced to one lane at Redwood Road intersections. Redwood Road is closed from 9000 South to about 9100 South until mid-November. Access maintained for business and local traffic only.
Redwood Road at 11400 South, 13400 South. Monday-Friday, daylight, expect lane closures and other restrictions at these intersections.
3500 South and I-215 West. Planned completion November 1997, one lane closed in each direction on 3500 South just east of I-215.
I-15, 12300 South to 14400 South. Oct. 20, the outside lanes of both southbound and northbound I-15 will be closed for about one month. Both the east and west frontage roads are now closed, except to local traffic.
Bangerter Highway Expansion. Oct. 27, Monday-Friday, 2700 West at 13800 South will be closed for construction of a pedestrian overpass, lane restrictions and minor delays at 13400 South and Redwood Road. Expected completion September 1998.
3600 West, 13400 South to 13800 South. Road closed for 3-4 months for bridge construction.