I-15 schedule for October 6-12.
1) 300 North, between 600 West and 700 West. Oct. 6 through Nov. 1, 7 a.m. to 4 a.m. Expect short delays, flaggers will be directing traffic while trucks haul embankment fill in the area.
2) I-15, 300 North to 1300 South. Oct. 9, 10 p.m.-6 a.m., right lane of southbound I-15 closed at various points for shoulder work.
3) I-15, 600 North. The 600 North interchange and viaduct will be closed for one year. Streets passing under the viaduct (600 West, Pugsley Street, 500 West and 400 West) are closed, except to local traffic.
4) 200 South, 400 West to 1600 West. The eastbound outside lane will be closed at various points to accomdate the installation of fiber optic conduit for the Advanced Traffic Management System.
5) Ramp closures. The connections from eastbound I-80 to northbound I-15, northbound I-15 to westbound I-80 and 500 South to westbound I-80 are closed for two years.
6) Ramp closures. The 1300 South onramp to southbound I-15 and the the 1300 South onramp to northbound I-15 will remain closed for two years.
7) Southbound collector. The southbound collector on the west side of I-15 will remain closed for two years.
8) Jordan River Bridge widening. Oct. 8, 10 p.m.-6 a.m. Crews will close 2100 South westbound freeway between 900 West and Redwood Road while they work on bridge columns. Motorists will detour north along 900 West to 1700 South, west to Redwood Road, then south to 2100 South.
9) Ramp closures. Westbound 2100 South to southbound I-15, eastbound U-201 to southbound I-15 and westbound 2100 South to eastbound I-80 are closed for two years.
10) I-80, State Street to I-15. Westbound I-80 between I-15 and State Street is closed for two years. Traffic is detoured onto State Street. Southbound traffic can enter I-15 at the 3300 South interchange. Northbound traffic can re-enter I-15 at 2100 South. Westbound traffic can take U-201 to northbound I-215 and rejoin I-80. Motorists headed downtown are encouraged to take State Street or 700 East. The 700 East onramp to westbound I-80 is closed.
11) State Street, 2700 South to 3300 South. This week, the inside lane of northbound State Street will be closed at various points for the installation of fiber optic cable for the advanced traffic management system.
12) 2700 South overpass. Road closed for 8-10 months. Use Andy Avenue (2250 South) from 300 West.
13) 3300 South, Between 300 West and 500 West. Oct. 8-10, 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Crews will close 3300 South between 300 West and 500 West while they demolish the I-15 northbound bridge over 3300 South. Motorist may take 300 West or 500 West to 3900 South.
14) Ramp closures. 3300 South onramp to northbound I-15 and northbound I-15 offramp at 3300 South closed for two years. Northbound motorists can use 4500 South ramps or take eastbound I-80 to State Street.
15) 3900 South overpass. Eastbound inside lane and westbound outside lane of 3900 South are closed for two years. One traffic lane is open in each direction.
16) I-215, Between 4700 South and I-80. Oct. 6-10, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Crews will close various northbound and southbound lanes between 4700 South and I-80 on the west side while they patch asphalt in the area
17) 4500 South, 500 West to Main Street. Oct. 10, 13-14, 10 p.m.-6 a.m., road closed while southbound I-15 bridge is demolished. The 4500 South onramp to northbound I-15 will be closed.
18) Ramp closures. 4500 South onramp to southbound I-15 and southbound I-15 offramp at 4500 South are closed for one year. Southbound motorists can use 3300 South and 5300 South ramps.
19) 4800 South, 300 West to 400 West. Oct. 6-8, 10 p.m.-6 a.m., segment of 4800 South (Murray-Taylorsville Road) will close while southbound I-15 bridge above the street is demolished.
20) State Street, between 4300 South and 5900 South. Oct. 6-11, 7 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Southbound inside lane on State Street will be closed to accomodate installation of fiber optic cable for the advanced traffic management system.
21) 5400 South, 700 West to 5600 West. All week, the outside lane of westbound 5400 South will be closed at various points for the installation of fiber optic cable for the advanced traffic management system.
22) Ramp closures. The westbound I-215 onramp to northbound I-15 and the northbound I-15 onramp to eastbound I-215 will be closed until May 2001. Northbound traffic can continue on westbound I-215. Eastbound traffic can take the I-15 offramp at 7200 South and follow State Street north to join I-215.
23) Ramp closures. The 7200 South onramp to southbound I-15 and the southbound I-15 offramp at 7200 South are closed for one year. The 7200 South onramp to northbound I-15 is closed for 2-3 years. Use 9000 South or 5300 South interchanges.
24) I-15, 8500 South to 9000 South. Oct. 8-10, 10 p.m-6 a.m. Northbound and southbound inside lanes will be closed for median paving.
25) Ramp closures. Oct. 6, 10 p.m. Crews will close the 10600 South on-ramp to southbound I-15 until August 1998. The 10600 South off-ramp to I-15 will also be closed for one year. A temporary off-ramp for southbound 10600 South will be constructed this week. The southbound outside lane to the 10600 South off-ramp will be closed while the temporary off-ramp is being constructed. Traffic can take 9000 South or 12300 South.
26) I-15, 9000 South to 10600 South. Oct. 6-10, 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Inside lane of southbound I-15 closed for median paving. Oct. 6, 10 p.m.-6 a.m., northbound traffic will merge to one-lane between 10600 South and 9000 South for construction of a barrier rail in the switch area.
This schedule is subject to change. For daily updates, call the I-15 hotline at 1-888-INFO-I15, 1-800-492-6000 (outside SLC) or 964-6000, or point your web browser to www.I-15.com.
I-15 Look Ahead
The following is a projected schedule of major construction along the I-15 corridor:
1300 South, 300 West to 500 West. Oct. 13-15, 10 p.m.-6 a.m. This area will be closed off for the demolition of the I-15 northbound bridge over 1300 South.
Jordan River Bridge widening. Oct. 13-17, 10 p.m.-6 a.m., Westbound 2100 South freeway will be closed between 900 West and Redwood Road while crews erect girders under the Jordan River Bridge.
I-15, 7200 South to 9000 South. Oct. 18, 8 p.m. to 10 a.m. Northbound I-15 will be closed to prepare detour for northbound traffic into the 9000 South to 7200 South traffic switch. The switch will take place the following morning.
I-15, between I-215 South Junction and 10600 South. Oct. 21, 10 p.m.-6 a.m. Southbound I-15 between 1-215 junction and 10600 South while crews switch southbound traffic to the existing northbound side of the freeway between 7200 South and 10600 South.
These Utah Department of Transportation construction and maintenance projects in Davis and Salt Lake counties may impact travel through the valley:
I-15, North Salt Lake to Woods Cross. Seven days, 20 hours a day, periodic shoulder closures on southbound and northbound I-15, and I-215 onramp to northbound I-15.
Crews will close the southbound 2600 South on ramp and northbound 2600 South off ramp Saturday, October 4, at 10 p.m. until Sunday, October 5 at 4 a.m. Other lane restrictions will take place intermittently throughout the week. Watch for signs and flaggers.
2100 South, 2100 East to 2300 East. Road closed, 24 hours, for several weeks. Business access maintained.
I-80, Lambs Canyon to Kimball Junction. Monday-Saturday, daylight hours, expect single-lane closures on seven-mile stretch.