A WOMAN'S PLACE BOOKSTORE will sponsor its weekly Muse's Hour readings this afternoon at 2 p.m. with Brenda Miller, Joel Long, photographer Nick Sokoloff and guitarist Jeff Green on the program. Miller has received a Pushcart Prize for writing, Long has been widely published. Call 583-6431.
- JACKIE LEAVITT and CATHY KEATING will sign copies of "Our Governors' Mansions," a coffee table book about the homes of America's governors from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. at Deseret Book in the ZCMI mall on Wednesday, Nov. 5. (See related story on Page E1).- BONNIE ROBINSON, fiction writer and essayist will present a free class on "Writing The Short Story" on Wednesday, Nov. 5, 7 p.m. at the East Millcreek Library, 2266 Evergreen Ave. (3435 South). For details call 278-4309.
- THE CITY ART READING SERIES continues this week on Thursday, Nov. 6, 7:30 p.m. at the Mount Tabor Lutheran Church, 175 S. 700 East, with Idaho poets William Studebaker, Gino Sky and Rick Ardinger reading. For information call 277-1510.
- DOUGLAS GLOVER, fiction writer, will read as part of the City Arts Council Guest Writers Series on Thursday, Nov. 6, 7:30 p.m. at the Art Barn, 1325 E. 100 South. Call 596-5000 for more information.
- BARNES & NOBLE offers several events this week. On Wednesday, Nov. 5, 7 p.m. at the downtown store, Mirka Knaster will discuss mind-body practices of holistic healing. Paul Lowrie will be at the Sandy store to discuss his book "The Mom & Dad Conversation Piece: Creative Questions to Honor the Family" on Tuesday, Nov. 4 at 7 p.m. At the downtown store on Thursday, Nov. 6, 7 p.m. Peace Corps volunteers will read from "At Home in the World," with Pat Bagley and Robert Kirby signing "Pat & Kirby Go to Hell" at the downtown store on Friday, Nov. 7 at 7 p.m. Call 233-0208.
- MARK TAYLOR will read and sign his book, "Sandstone Sunsets: In Search of Everett Ruess" on Friday, Nov. 7, 7 p.m. at Sam Weller Books, 254 S. Main. Taylor is the author of the novel "Chaco" and is known for his investigative journalism work. Call 328-2586.
- DAVID LEE, poet laureate of Utah, will offer a workshop on writing poetry on a program sponsored by the Utah State Poetry Society at the Salt Lake City Library, 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 8. Call 277-5738 for information.