Columbia Utah Division hospitals offers free diabetes screenings as part of the American Diabetes Association's Alert Day Tuesday, March 25.
Seven Utah hospitals offer the screenings to increase public awareness about the disease. Diabetes is the country's fourth leading cause of death; however, early detection can prevent complications.The screenings will be held in the main lobby at the following Columbia hospital locations:
- Brigham City Community Hospital, 950 S. 500 West, from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Ogden Regional Medical Center, 5475 S. 500 East, from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Lakeview Hospital, 630 E. Medical Drive, Bountiful, from 9 to 11 a.m.
- St. Mark's Hospital, 1200 E. 3900 South, from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Ashley Valley Medical Center, 151 W. 200 North, Vernal, from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Mountain View Hospital, 1000 E. 100 North, Payson, from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Castleview Hospital, 300 N. Hospital Drive, Price, from 9 a.m. to noon.