The Orem Public Library is offering several summer programs:
- The Timp Tellers will present "May Madness," a story hour for the whole family, at 7 p.m. Monday, May 19, in the Storytelling Wing of the library. The program is free.- Story time at the library is held at 10:30 a.m. every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in the Storytelling Wing. The half-hour program is free to all ages.
- Open chess games are held from 7 to 9 p.m. every Thursday at the library. Bring your own chess set and find an opponent in the Children's Mezzanine. Players of all ages and skill levels are welcome. This is not a tournament.
- Braden Gregory Bell and the library offer a six-session creative dramatics workshop for children ages 6-13, culminating in a public performance. Cost is $10 a child for the entire workshop. Classes are scheduled Tuesday and Thursday afternoons with sessions June 3-24; July 2-22, and July 29-Aug. 19. Advance registration is required at the children's desk, 229-7161.
- Monday, June 2, at 7 p.m. the Creative Dramatics Workshop will perform in the Storytelling Wing. The performance is free to the public.
- The Timpanogos Storytelling Festival is calling for volunteers. Groups and individuals interested in a variety of volunteer activities, such as tent hosts/hostesses, driving or general crowd control are invited to sign up at the children's desk, or call 229-7161. The Festival is Friday and Saturday, Aug. 29 and 30.
For more information contact Pat Birkedahl or Janet Low at the library, 229-7161.