Facebook Twitter

Fire alarm warning issued after device failed in fire

SHARE Fire alarm warning issued after device failed in fire

Provo firefighters are asking the public to double-check their smoke detectors and refresh their knowledge of possible escape routes following a fire that damaged a home Saturday morning.

Firefighters were called to 745 N. 400 East #5, just after 2 a.m. on Saturday after a sofa caught fire.An unattended candle is thought to be responsible. Four young women escaped the fire without injury but the residence suffered $40,000 in damages.

Provo Fire Chief Bill Blair said the smoke detector in the apartment did not go off.