Here is a list of dance events that will take place during the week.
- THE NAGANO DANCE TROUPE will perform with the Utah Contemporary Dance Theatre tonight at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, 138 W. Broadway (300 South).Curtain is 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for students and children. Tickets can be purchased at all ArtTix outlets or by calling 355-ARTS. Tickets will also be available at the door.
Dancers from the Broadway Dance Studio in Nagaono, Japan, are currently traveling the United States on a study tour. They will perform a special work, "From Nagano to Salt Lake City," in celebration of the Olympics.
Jazz, ballroom, hip-hop, ballet and modern dance are all slated to be part of the evening's per-for-mance.
- BALLET WEST will continue its "Sleeping Beauty" run at the Capitol Theatre, Feb. 11-14. Evening curtain is 7:30 p.m. There will also be a 2 p.m. matinee Feb. 14.
Follow the magical story of Princess Aurora and the evil fairy Carabosse in this ballet classic.
Tickets are available at all ArtTix outlets or by calling 355-ARTS (2787). Discount tickets are available for groups of 15 or more by calling 323-6921.
- THE REPERTORY DANCE THEATRE'S production of Zvi Goth-einer's "Chairs" will continue from Feb. 11-14 at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, 138 W. Broadway (300 South). Curtain is 7:30 p.m. There is also a 2 p.m. matinee Sunday, Feb. 8.
"Chairs" is a dynamic 65-minute work comprised of 10 dancers and 10 chairs. Solos, duets, groups and quartets take the viewers to various emotional levels with images of life, relationships and societal interaction.
Tickets are $12 for general admission and $10 for seniors and students. Tickets can be purchased at all ArtTix outlets or by calling 355-ARTS (2787). The performance will start promptly and will be performed without an inter-mission.
- AUDITIONS for Burklyn Ballet Theatre's three Vermont summer programs and its Edinburgh Connection will be in room 294 of the Richards Building at Brigham Young University on Feb. 13.
The auditions begin at 4 p.m. and are open to all dancers 8 years old and up.
Dancers should be present 45 minutes before 4 p.m. to register and warm up. Audition class fee is $15. No resumes and photographs are required.
Auditions will comprise of a 90-minute class for each age group, taught by Burklyn Ballet Theatre artistic director Angela Whitehill.
The Vermont programs will run from June 21-Aug. 2, 1998.
The Edinburgh Connection is a group of 18 dancers who travel and perform at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in Scotland from Aug. 9-21. Dancers much attend the Burklyn Ballet Theatre for four weeks before the trip. For more information call the BBT office at 1-732-288-2660.
- THE UTAH REGIONAL BALLET is holding its annual benefit dinner and arts auction Saturday, Feb. 14, at the Sundance Resort Rehearsal Hall. The program begins at 6:30 p.m. with light classical music and a silent auction.
Dinner will follow at 7:30 p.m. with entertainment from the Utah Regional Ballet's senior company. An auction will complete the evening. Items to be sold include fine art works, sports memorabilia and event packages.
Tickets are $75 per person and can be purchased by calling Mark Nelson at (801) 796-3380.