Facebook Twitter

3 children and 3 adults killed in suspicious fire in Detroit

SHARE 3 children and 3 adults killed in suspicious fire in Detroit

Three children and three adults died Wednesday morning in a suspicious fire at a house that was recently hit by an attempted firebombing.

"We're treating it as suspicious," Fire Chief William Peck said. "That doesn't mean it's arson. It's too early." He had few details on the arson attempt within the past week but did say no arrests had been made.The victims were two boys, ages 10 and 8, a 7-year-old girl, a 44-year-old woman and a man and woman, both 26, Peck said. Their relationships were unclear, but the 10-year-old apparently was a neighbor's child who was sleeping over at the home.

The fire began in the living room of the two-story house and shot up an open stairwell.