Facebook Twitter

Rededication planned Sept. 12

SHARE Rededication planned Sept. 12

The Morgan Commercial College, on Main between 200 and 300 South and on the site of the present-day American Stores Building, was founded by John Morgan in 1867. Descendants of the early pioneer students of the college are innvited to a rededication of the John Morgan/Morgan College Monument at the original site of the college on Sept. 12 at 10 a.m.

The names of all the pioneer students - approximately 700 - will be imprinted on the Main Street side of the monument. Anyone whose ancestors attended the college is invited to contact John H. Morgan, Jr. at 1-801-363-4391 or Karen Matthews at 1-801-583-5114 to verify the names to be listed.