Facebook Twitter

Death: Wilhelm (Vigen) Taroian

SHARE Death: Wilhelm (Vigen) Taroian

Wilhelm (Vigen) Taroian passed away on the morning of July 9, 1998 in his sleep due to a heart attack in Salt Lake City.

Vigen was born in Urmia, Iran to Sargis and Paychar Taroian in 1930. In 1991, he moved to Salt Lake from Tehran to be with his son Armen and his family.His biggest wish was to see his younger son Ara get settled comfortably and enjoy a prosperous life. Vigen cared about everyone and everything. He was a very independent individual and was continuously trying out improve his English. He love working in the yard, discussing politics, local economics and chasing in store sales to find the best bargains.

He immensely enjoyed his two grandsons, Sevon and Chris. His ultimate pleasure was to do yard work with his loyal five-year-old buddy and grandson, Chris. Chris would say "When I grow up, I want to be like my Grandpa". He recently developed a very close relationship with Lida, his daughter-in-law. They would converse about life, happiness and anything else that he desired.

He married his wife, Varsenik, in 1957 in Urmia, Iran. She stood by him at all times and was his best friend and supporter. They went through a lot in their life together. She would always try to keep their life in order during crisis.

He was a number one Utah Jazz fan, and could analyze Jazz games better than the experts. He would try to assist anyone that might want his help. We all will miss his enthusiasm for life and caring personality.

He is survived by his mother Paychar; brothers, Andranik and Roobik and their families; sisters, Archvik and Eliz and their families; two nephews and three nieces, all of Iran; son, Armen and Lida; grandsons, Sevon and Chris; son, Ara and Lilik; and his wife of 41 years, Varsenik.

Dad, we will always love you. We might have not understood you at all times, but we all loved you and will cherish your memories forever.

Burial services will follow an Armenian memorial service starting at noon on Tuesday, July 14, 1998, at the Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park and Mortuary, 3401 South Highland Drive.

T 07/12 N 07/13